Statement of Health and Safety Policy
The following statement sets out the health and safety objectives for Bankside Primary School, with the aim of ensuring best practice in the management of health and safety.
BANKSIDE PRIMARY SCHOOL:
- Will take all reasonable steps to provide safe and healthy conditions for pupils, employees and others who may be affected by its activities.
- Will take steps to ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation
- Will provide adequate resources to implement this policy including access to support from health and safety competent persons. Where necessary external specialist advice and assistance will be obtained.
- Accepts that health, safety and welfare are an integral part of all its activities and will take steps to manage these effectively.
- Expects all employees and pupils to co-operate in complying with all legal obligations and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and have regard for the health and safety of others.
- Is committed to providing the necessary information, instruction and training to all employees and pupils where applicable.
- Acknowledges and actively supports the role and responsibilities of employee representatives and will give full co-operation to elected Safety Representatives of recognised Trade Unions to enable them to carry out their duties effectively.
- Is committed to regular evaluation and review of its Health and Safety Policy to ensure its objectives are met and, as necessary, to modifying the Policy in light of new legislation and other changing circumstances.
- Will set out full details of the organisation and arrangements for the management of health and safety in the school, in separate documents.
Click here to view our LCC BPS health and safety policy
If you require further information please contact Theo Lamptey on 0113 3368386